The Joint Finance Committee votes TOMORROW on on Governor Evers' proposal to:
1) Eliminate the TEACH Educational Technology Training and Curriculum Grants
2) Transfer $24 million in federal e-rate funding meant for schools and libraries to the Broadband Expansion Grant Program.
3) Continue TEACH Infrastructure grants until 2021 but reduce funding from $7.5 million to $3 million per year
Contact your state senator and state representative before Tuesday at 9 a.m. and ask them to reject the Governor's proposals to cut critical ed-tech grant funding!
Ask your legislator to support Alternatives B1, B4, D2 and E2 in Legislative Fiscal Bureau Paper #102
How to Contact Your Legislators:
The first step in contacting your legislator is knowing who your legislator is. The easiest way to do this is the tool found on the Legislature’s home page, at http://legis.wisconsin.gov. In the right-hand side of that page is a link that says Find My Legislators! Type your address in the box below that link to get the names of your state representative and senator.
· Phone. You may leave a message for your legislator’s Capitol office or indicate your position on legislation through the toll free Legislative Hotline, at 1-800-362-9472.
· E-mail. The e-mail addresses of members of the Wisconsin Legislature all have the same format. For members of the Assembly, the form is Rep.Jones@legis.wisconsin.
gov; for members of the Senate, the form is Sen.Adams@legis.wisconsin. gov.